by: Wade Schaber
Keeping up with Jonah Aug-Sep 2019 (identity withheld for personal safety)
“Thanks be to the Lord, who daily carries our burdens for us. God is our salvation”. (Psalm 68:19)
Dear Prayer Partners,
Grace and peace of the Lord be with you always!
First of all we are so excited to let you know that after extreme hot weather for so long, finally yesterday the much-awaited monsoon rains of the season brought joy to the hearts of millions of people in our city. Of course the after effects of the rain took away the joy. The power outages, flooded streets not only with rain water but sewers overflowing and traffic jams are some of the reasons that makes life difficult. Due to heat people were dying and now due to rain people have lost their lives as well. The tragedy of the city is very simple. First we desperately yearn for rains, and when it falls, we pray for it to go away as without rain there are problems and after rain there are more problems. Anyway, we are glad to have relief from heat. We have really enjoyed the cooler weather that came with the rains.
- Please join us in prayer for those who are suffering because of mismanagement and lack of basic facilities and concern for human life here.
- After effects of rain are heart-breaking. There is no electricity from past 18 hours for some area. Please pray for leaders to make life easier for people.
- At least 16 people died in our city alone who died in our city alone mostly from electrocution. Pray for their families for comfort and peace.
- How do we provide any comfort for those who are hurting? Please pray for wisdom for us too.
Second, for more than two years we have been praying to start a new Bible Study group in a different city but doors were not opened. We are thankful to God and for your faithful prayers, we now have a Bible Study group in a different city. Every Tuesday evening there is a Bible Study group. It started with less than 20 people and we now have over 55 people come to this weekly gathering. The best part of this group is that one of our young leader is teaching. We plan to visit this group in September and hold a day long training Seminar not only for this group but other people who might like to come and join us.
- Please pray for this new B.S. group for open minds, open spirits and open hearts to receive eternal wisdom, guidance and His wonderful love.
- Please pray for the Leader of the group to faithfully and prayerfully prepare B.S. to teach well.
- Pray for His righteousness to transcend all our efforts.
- Pray that through this group, others will see the need of meeting together to strengthen their love for the Lord and then reach out to others in the community.
For unknown reasons, eight “Workers Families” in the North of the country are asked by the authorities to leave the country. It is not encouraging news as we think more workers might be facing the same challenges in days to come.
- Please join us in prayer for Lord’s directions for these families as they think though for their future engagement in ministry.
- Pray for new doors to be opened for them.
- Pray for courage and encouragement for all of these families.
- Pray for replacement of leadership from local resources.
We were planning to have a meeting in the middle of July with our Publisher to discuss the reprinting of the third book. There are some complications in this regards. Now we hope to have a meeting with the Publisher in the first week of September. We seek His wisdom to discuss matters with Committee members and our Publisher.
- Please pray for unity of minds, thoughts and deeper understanding to provide good books to the public here that they might see the Gospel of grace.
- Pray for good relationship and good understanding among the Committee members.
- Pray for reprint of the third book to take place soon.
Our weekly gatherings in different parts of the city where people are fed with spiritual food is very rewarding. Our ongoing Bibles and S.D. Cards distribution is one of the main out-reach tool that we make available to those who are willing to receive these free gifts is a blessing.
Here are few prayer concerns for the country in general:
- Please pray for those who are reading or watch videos or studying other Christian literature that the Father will open their hearts and mind to know the truth of the Gospel.
- It is a great challenge in this dry land to openly accept the truth of the Gospel. Pray for the spiritually oppressed in remote areas to encounter the Gospel.
- Bible distribution to folk is taking place and our prayers are that more will be encouraged to read, study and take the step in faith to follow the Lord.
- Please pray for Christian women who regularly face harassment that the Lord will provide courage and boldness to them and their families.
- Pray that the government would create safe spaces in which they can work, and that God would protect them and bless them with much needed resources.
- From the past few years forced marriage and conversion is a real problem both for Christian and Hindu girls. The girls are abducted by Muslim men and forced to marry against their will. Once this happens they automatically become Muslim. Please pray for their protection and that they can escape these unlawful marriages.
- Please pray for those who are still in prison facing hardship with no hope of freedom
We both are thankful for good health, and opportunities to share the Gospel with people here. We thank you for taking time to stand with us through you prayerful support. It is always encouraging to hear from you too. We are always mindful of this advice, and we keep in mind, rejoice always, pray constantly, and in all circumstances give thanks. The Oswald Chambers said, “We have to pray with our eyes on God, not on the difficulties.”
Once again, thank you for taking time to read and join us in prayers.
His blessings and our love and prayers.
Jonah "of Nineveh"